How Does the Rheem HDi 310 Heat Pump Work?
The Rheem HDi 310 Heat Pump is one of Rheem’s most energy efficient models in existence. Heat pump hot water systems get their incredible energy efficiency from their use of renewable energy in order to heat your water. The Rheem HDi 310 Heat Pump absorbs heat from the air around it, much like solar absorbs heat from the sun, then converts it into hot water to flow through your taps.
Choosing the right hot water heater for your home can be confusing and there are many factors that you need to consider rather than just the cost of the unit. Rheem HDi heat pump hot water heaters have the same fittings as an electric water heater making it an ideal and cost effective replacement. The Rheem HDi 310 hot water system has been designed for quick recovery and its 310 litre capacity storage tank will provide hot water to a home with between 3-6 people.
Rheem HDi Features
The Rheem HDi 310 has many great features that may influence your decision for your next hot water heating system. These include:
- Top down heating – Ensures that you have hot water available to you when you need it. Heated water is delivered to the top of the tank for faster delivery.
- Back-up electric element – Provides hot water even on the coldest of nights.
- Eligible for Small-Scale Technology Certificates – As the heat pump is classed in the same category as a solar powered hot water heater, rebates may be applicable.
- Energy efficiency – With the Rheem HDi-310 heat pump lower energy use, greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by up to 61% when compared with a conventional electric hot water heater.
- Frost protection – For added reliability and longer life span in colder temperatures.
With the HDi 310 you’ll have 24/7 access to hot water, in any weather. Don’t be fooled by the fact that it draws warmth from the air around it, it can still operate in temperatures all the way down to -10 Celcius.
Rheem HDi 310 Installation, Repair and Service
If you fancy switching to a heat pump hot water system, such as the Rheem HDi, Jim’s Plumbing is your local hot water expert. We can assess your current hot water situation, and perform a professional replacement. We can also do repairs and services on existing units that are having problems or are getting on in years.
Jim’s Plumbing can do all of this 24/7 and will get to your door within an hour* in emergencies. We also offer $0 deposit, interest free payment plans** for your convenience, so that you can manage your finances with ease while still getting your new Rheem HDi 310 heat pump hot water system. Contact us.