Every plumber with Jim’s Plumbing Melbourne has been extensively trained in every aspect of gas fitting, with the knowledge and skills to tackle any job. Our services are available 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, including public holidays, Christmas and Easter, so it doesn’t matter what you need done or when you need it, we can have somebody out to your home business day or night, most often within an hour of making contact. So if you’ve got a gas emergency, or you simply want your gas BBQ shifted, call us now, or fill out our simple online booking form.
As residents and business people in Melbourne ourselves, we know how irritating and stressful it can be having a gas leak or a faulty gas hot water heater. That’s why we promise to come to you wherever you live in Melbourne, no matter if you’re right in the heart of the city, amongst its cafes, restaurants, street art-lined laneways, art galleries and bookstores, or out in the further suburb from it. Kew, St Kilda, Footscray, Caulfield, Essendon, Sunbury, Werribee, Altona, Dandenong, Geelong, Ringwood, or any other suburb of Melbourne, it makes no difference to us. We’ll still be there within the hour, and we’ll still be there on a weekday, weekend or public holiday. With that kind of service, there’s no need to go elsewhere. We’ve got you covered!
What kinds of gas fitting can you do in Melbourne, then?
Jim’s Plumbing Melbourne, with its army of fully qualified, licensed gasfitters and fleet of fully stocked vans, can undertake any aspect of gas installation and gas maintenance you need done. After telling your attending Melbourne gas fitting expert what the problem seems to be, he’ll be able to assess, repair, convert, relocated or install and commission any gas appliances or gas piping, depending on what your situation is. Every one of our gasfitters has the most extensive training and experience, so you’ll get only the very best results.
This is a list of jobs we’re able to do:
- Repair or replace stoves and ovens in Melbourne – we know how irritating it can be not having a usable gas cooking appliance in Melbourne. If your gas oven or gas stove isn’t working, or you’ve bought a new gas cooking appliance and just need it installed and commissioned, one of our Melbourne gas fitting professionals from Jim’s Plumbing will be able to do both of these jobs without a fuss. We’re also able to have an expert gasfitter come around to your property to reposition an existing gas oven or gas stove, extending any pipelines if required to bring up a new outlet.
- Repair or replace leaking fittings in Melbourne – there’s nothing more potentially hazardous, both to your health and your wallet, than a gas leak in Melbourne. Excess gas bills, fire and even explosion are all real risks. You need to get a possible or known gas leak fixed straight away by a Jim’s Plumbing Melbourne gas fitting expert. We’ll take the stress out of everything, testing all your gas appliances and gas piping with our manometer to locate precisely where and what the gas leak is coming from, then carry out any and all replacing and repairing according to what’s found. For a gas leak in Melbourne, Jim’s Plumbing is only gas fitter you need to contact.
- Repair or replace water heaters in Melbourne – in those cold, wet Melbourne winters, and even the unpredictable weather of the rest of the year, you don’t want to be taking cold showers just because your gas hot water heater is dead. At Jim’s Plumbing Melbourne, our gas fitting experts have the experience, tools and knowledge to service and repair every make and model of gas hot water heater, or else do a replacement, installation and commissioning of a brand new unit. We sock a large range of both spare parts and full appliances, so no matter what you need done with your gas hot water heater, we’ve got you covered.
- Install or move BBQs in Melbourne – if you’ve purchased a new gas BBQ, or your existing one is malfunctioning, it’s time to contact Jim’s Plumbing. Our Melbourne gas fitting professionals can carry out any work you need done. We make sure our expert gasfitters have the training, tools, experience and spare parts to be able to do every installation, commission and relocation for every brand and model of gas BBQ.
What kinds of gas do you work with in Melbourne?
There are primarily 2 types of gas that are used in homes and business across Melbourne. All our expert Jim’s Plumbing gasfitters have everything they need to repair and install any type, brand and model of gas appliance, no matter whether it runs on LPG or Natural gas. If you need some gas fitting done in Melbourne, then the only name you need to remember is Jim’s Plumbing. Contact us, and we’ll have somebody to you straight away.
The details of these gases are as follows:
- Natural gas in Melbourne – extracted from below the surface of the earth, where it has been forming from decomposing organic matter for many, many years, Natural gas is the most commonly used type of gas. After being extracted, the raw gas is refined, transported and fed into your property’s mains system via an underground pipeline. Very cheap and economical, the only problem with Natural gas is that, because it relies on piping, it is restricted in what and where it can fuel.
- LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) in Melbourne – when petroleum is refined, it creates propane and butane, both of which are then combined to form LP Gas. Bottles or cylinders of LPG are used to fuel portable or outdoor appliances, such as gas BBQs and gas patio heaters, or for indoor appliances when Natural gas is unavailable. While infinitely more versatile, LPG can be very expensive, especially if you use it a lot and need to buy or refill bottles regularly.
Will you commission my newly installed appliance in Melbourne?
Every one of our fully qualified, licensed Jim’s Plumbing Melbourne gas fitting experts has the training and experience to carry out the installation and commissioning process for every type, brand and model of gas appliance. Commissioning needs to be for any and all new appliances installed, to make sure it’s functioning properly and safe to use. This will generally involve things like checking the ventilation, connections and piping, and making sure the gas pressure is correctly tuned.